There are many opportunities to get involved with chambanamoms.com. One of them is to write for us! You do not have to be a mom or even a parent to write for us. We appreciate content from a wide range of voices.
Content we seek: articles about local attractions, activities, events and issues; birthday party reviews; family-friendly restaurant reviews, and more.
Before you send us a guest post, please read all of this information.
• Each post must come with a photo. The photo must be credited with an appropriate source, and must be legal to use. Be sure you include the hyperlink to the photo source so we know where to credit it. Multiple photos are great if your article is longer. If the story is about a local place, we prefer original photos of that location. For other articles, sometimes stock photos are needed and we can help.
• Post length should be approximately 300 – 500 words depending on the topic. 400 is a nice round number.
• Posts end with a brief author’s bio (2-3 sentences) that links to the site (or sites) of the author’s choice. Please also send a photo of yourself.
Process to Submit a Guest Post
1. Send us an email (here is our contact page). You can also email our contributor coordinator, Tony Bleill, directly attony AT chambanamoms DOT com.This email should include a short paragraph that explains your idea for your guest post, including a possible title. You should also explain why you think it would interest our readers. (Note: Locals only, please. We are not interested in content that is not locally focused.)
2. We will write you back and let you know if we are interested in your post idea and let you know how to send it in.
3. Once you submit your post, please allow two weeks for your post to be reviewed. We will let you know if it has been approved for publishing, or if we need anything else.
The Fine Print
• We reserve the right to edit your submission for brevity, grammar, readability, and sometimes for meaning. If a large amount of editing is necessary, it will be returned to the author for revision.
• You retain the copyright to your writing, but once it’s submitted, we reserve the right to use and refer to it.